Saturday, November 3, 2012

More stupid car tricks


Some follow up here. Turns out the low coolant level was not the cause - the overheating caused a loss of coolant. In the end, it was a bad thermostat that caused the overheating. Since I've replaced the thermostat, I've had no more issues.

I had an issue where the car would not start after sitting idle for four days. Charged battery, started fine. I took the car to AutoPort, asked them to check battery and alternator. They said both were fine. I had another issue a few weeks later, measured battery voltage at 10.25 volts. Replaced battery and have not had an issue since.

Don't use a ScotchBrite dish scrubbing pad on a motorcycle windscreen. The scratches aren't bad, but you are not going to be happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment